Monday, December 9, 2013

★ Simple Heart Wreath ★

I ended up getting a lot done over the weekend, and will be sharing the big project that has been consuming my time for the past couple of months later this week.  I'm still trying to decide if there is more that I want to add to it, or if I'm happy with it the way it is now.
In the meantime, here is a wreath that I put together on Saturday for our front door.  Big bulky Christmas wreaths don't work on our front door, as they often don't fit between the wooden door and the storm door, so we're limited as to what we can do there.  I wanted something that said "country" of course, and my original plan was to make one of these babies











but I waited too long to get the wreaths, and Michaels was cleaned out on Friday night, so I had to improvise.






















I really liked the heart-shaped wreath, and it was only $8.00 for it.  I strung the bells (9 bells for $1.00 at Dollar Tree) on some jute and tied it to the metal wire on the wreath that holds it together.  If you're using jute, I recommend threading it through a wide needle first and pushing the needle through the holes in the bells, as the openings are small and the jute will fray and just give you a huge headache.  Then I tied an oversized fabric bow around the whole thing to hide the knots from the bells.  No glue is necessary if you tie everything tight enough.  I didn't use any glue so that I can change out the bow if I want to. I just tied a little jute onto the back of the wreath so that it hangs more easily.
It looks very cute on our front door, it was cheap, and it took less than 20 minutes to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment