Friday, December 6, 2013

★ My New Art Studio ★

TGIF!!!!
I'm so glad that this week is coming to an end... it has not been a great one.  However, I did accomplish something pretty substantial this week.  I converted the 2nd floor kitchen in our house to my new art studio.  It was a room that has pretty much been left untouched since we moved in because we certainly don't need two kitchens.  So instead of having my art & craft supplies in random places around the house, now everything is together!  It has certainly freed up a lot of room around the rest of the house too!  Now I finally have a place where I can work on things and not have to clean up every time I'm finished for the day (although I'm sure my neat-freak ways will take over and I will anyway).

Here was the room before:


















And here it is now:















I'm not completely finished with it.  I would like to get the fridge and extra stove that still currently reside in there out, and the drain pipes in the sink leak and need to be fixed (a project that my dad and I will hopefully tackle soon).  I would also like to make some nice curtains for the windows.  I painted the one accent wall with leftover paint and made a little chalkboard out of some home-made chalkboard paint, (sorry I couldn't think of anything more creative to write on it... but I was rushing!).  Andy said that I should have just done the entire wall in chalkboard paint, but it would have been a huge pain to mix up that much chalkboard paint.
I think the room is cute and cozy, and I'm happy that it will finally get some use!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment