Monday, September 9, 2013

★ Painting: "Small House" at Old Sturbridge Village ★

Happy Monday Afternoon!
Monday afternoons aren't nearly as unbearable as Monday mornings, or so I've found.  Only 90 minutes until it's time to go home!
Andy and I decided last Wednesday/Thursday that we wanted to give our living room a makeover.  My inlaws are having their floors refinished in a few weeks, and they have decided to get new furniture.  They were going to just sell it, but Andy and I talked and thought that it would fit in very well with our home's country decor, so we decided to take it.  We also decided to do some more re-arranging of our living room as well.  On Friday, Andy took apart our entertainment center (it was there when we moved in, but was of no real use to us because it was for a square TV, and it couldn't fit through the front door fully assembled).  My dad came over on Friday night to help us take our old couch out, as well (we were going to put in the basement and sell it on craigslist, but that too would not fit through the front door... I still don't know how the heck it got into the front door, although I do remember that it almost didn't).  So that needed to be taken apart too.  We decided yesterday that we were going to attempt to bring the new furniture over.  After some minor setbacks, I'm happy to say that the furniture is in the room.  We still have a few things to do before the room is finished, but we are hoping that it will be done by Saturday.  I will post 'before' and 'after' photos upon its completion.

In the meantime, here is a painting that i finished up over the weekend.  I modeled it after a photo of the "Small House" at old Sturbridge Village that I took during our trip there in January.  Overall, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  I have also decided that I want to enter one of my paintings into a local fair next year.  I'm hoping to at least place, but 1st place would be nice :)


















 

1 comment:

  1. Your paintings win 1st place with me! I love them, and I love you!

    ReplyDelete