Tuesday, September 3, 2013

★ My Weekend of Painting ★

Hope everyone had a nice, long, relaxing Labor Day Weekend!  We had a party on Sunday, and I think I still may be recovering from it.  Yesterday was tough, naturally.  Anyway, it was a good farewell Summer, hello Fall party!  I'm looking forward to begin decorating for fall.  I can't wait to take a trip to the farm down the street and get our pumpkins, gourds, mums, and hay bales... although it doesn't feel like fall outside yet!  We all think it's going to be an early fall this year - we're already seeing some color changes in the leaves.  Usually that means the foliage isn't going to be very good, but I guess we'll see.
I decided to try my hand at painting again this weekend.  It has been awhile since I've painted something on a canvas, and I never tried that hard when I did, but I've decided to actually slow down and take my time with my work (what a concept) and I'm pleased with the results so far.  The lighting is off on the second one, but I finished it at around 11:30 last night and was just anxious to go to bed.




I'm pretty happy with both of them (I really didn't know I had it in me!)  I'm just going to keep going and hopefully get better and better.  My goal is to be able to enter a painting in the North Haven fair next year.  That means I have about 11 months to really get good enough to enter.  Even if I didn't win, it would still be fun to have my painting on display there.  I'm really enjoying this painting thing!


 

2 comments:

  1. Best stuff i've seen you paint yet! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how they came out, Jenn. Maybe you will do one for us!

    ReplyDelete