Thursday, September 19, 2013

★ Painting: Albany Covered Bridge ★

Good morning!
It has been awhile since my last post, but things have been busy in the Horn household.  We finished our little living room renovation last Friday, and we are both very happy with how it turned out!  I was sick Monday and Tuesday, but now I'm back in commission.
Despite everything going on, I've been hard at work painting new pieces for the art show on October 12th.  My goal was to get 3 new pieces done by then.  Well I've finished the 1st one and have laid the base for the 2nd, so I'd say I'm in pretty good shape.  I wasn't going to post anything until after the show, but if I want to keep readers, I have to post!  So here is the first one that I have completed for the show.


This painting is of the Albany Covered Bridge along the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire.  Andy took the photo that this painting was based off of.  I'm pretty happy with it.  I think that my skills are definitely improving!  They say practice makes perfect, and I certainly have been practicing!  Andy is working Friday & Saturday this weekend, which stinks, but I'll need something to do when I'm home alone and I plan on finishing the one that I started last night.  I hope to be able to post that one on Monday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment