Thursday, October 17, 2013

★ Simple DIY Curtain ★

Good morning,
I have completed quite a few projects recently, but I'm sharing them one by one in order to spread them out.  It might be awhile until I complete my next one, as it's pretty large.  Unless you know already I don't think you'll guess what it is :)

This projects came to me on a whim.  Since we moved into our house 2 years ago, it has been a nightmare trying to find a curtain that fits the window on our kitchen door.  There was a hideous green and white frilly one there when we moved it, and that just couldn't stay... and leaving it uncovered was not an option, since I have a fear that someone is going to decide to come to the kitchen door and watch me.
After searching a seemingly endless number of stores (including online stores), I got frustrated enough that I bought a clearance curtain panel from Kohls and cut it (sloppily) to size.  It was there for almost 2 years.  When we finally painted our doors a few weeks ago, the mismatch in color started to bother me.  I wanted to get a different curtain that's color would match both the kitchen and the door (the old door was white, the kitchen is green, and the old curtain was green).  I got some homespun fabric the other day with a different project in mind, but when I walked by the kitchen door that night inspiration struck me.






















It came out very cute and it was easy.  If you can sew (and have a little patience) you can do this!  I just had to cut the fabric to size, sew it to allow the curtain rod to slip through, and hem the sides.  Voila!  A cheap and easy curtain solution!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment