Wednesday, October 16, 2013

★ Art Show & DIY Vintage Milk Bottles ★

Hi everyone,
Well my Art Show was Saturday and I'm sorry to say it was kind of a bust.  Through no fault of my own, mind you.  I had a bunch of people who were planning to come around 1-2, but I ended up packing up at 12.  Oh well, there will be others!  I did manage to take some photos of my table.





My haunted house painting is missing from the table because it was with the other raffle items.  I don't know who won it (there were a few bids on it), but I hope it went to a good home!  I must say that after the fact, it was difficult to see it go.  But the proceeds went to a good cause.

You'll notice on my table the little milk bottles that I made on Friday night :)  They are even cuter in person and super easy to make!  Here is what you need:

- Empty "Starbuck's Frappuccino bottles" (you know, the ones they sell in grocery stores)
- Black & White Acrylic Paint
- Long paint brush
- Homespun fabric (for ribbon)
- Sharpie

1. Drink the Frappuccino (the caffeine will motivate you!) and clean the label off the bottle.  I soaked the bottle in hot water in my sink, peeled off the labels, and they scrubbed the sticky goo with an S.O.S. pad to get everything off.  It was pretty easy.
2. Paint the lid of the bottle black (or another color of your choice.  You'll need 2-3 coats of paint.)
3. Get a long paint brush that is thin enough to fit into the bottle.  I used a 1" flat brush and it worked pretty well.  Paint the entire inside of the bottle with the white paint.  Allow to dry a little bit and paint with a second coat.  (Since it's inside the bottle, the paint takes awhile to dry.  I wasn't patient enough to let it dry completely before doing the second coat, but it turned out fine.)
4. Cut a ribbon out of some homespun fabric.  I got mine at Joann Fabrics.  Tie around the neck of the bottle.
5. This step is obviously optional... the bottle looked too plain when I was finished, so I decided to write "MILK" on it with a sharpie.  I think it's cute!

Definitely a quick & easy Friday night craft project!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment