Thursday, January 2, 2014

DIY primitive rusty bell garland

It's a snowy evening here in rural Connecticut, and I'm sitting here sipping hot cocoa with my hubs.  We should be getting our new granite countertops tomorrow (which is awesome... Can't wait to have our kitchen back!)  and I'm hoping that we can have our backsplash installed next week.

Anyway...
There are some things that I see and I just need to have them.  I originally saw this at the bed & breakfast where we stayed in New Hampshire around their chandellier.  I was captivated...


I made the garland using homespun fabric, thread, dollar store bells, paint, and mod podge.  I painted the bells with two coats of brown acrylic paint and sealed them with mod podge.  I cut long strips of fabric and hot glued them together.  I tied the bells to the fabric and strung it around the chandellier.


Topped it off with my pip berry garland.  I'm in love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment