Friday, January 10, 2014

DIY Primitive Grubby Silicone String Lights

Silicone dipped string lights are yet another one of those things that I love, yet can't bring myself to spend the money on.  I've seen tutorials on how to make them, and decided to give it a try...


Materials:
- string lights
- silicone 
- caulking gun
- cinnamon
- ground coffee
- plastic cup
- plactic knife
- rubber gloves

Instructions:
- hang your light up horizontally, at about the legnth of your shoulders.
- cut your plastic cup so it's about 2 inches deep.
- in the cup, mix some silicone, cinnamon, and ground coffee.
- wearing rubber gloves, dip the lights into the silicone until you get your desired look (my 1st attempt wasn't fantastic, so don't get discouraged)
- once all your lights are dipped, allow silicone to cure for 24 hours. 

And voila :)


Oh... And don't get silicone in your hair like I did the first time.  Oops!


No comments:

Post a Comment