Monday, August 26, 2013

★ DIY Primitive Painted Stacking Boxes ★

Happy Monday!  Well, I don't know if there is such a thing as a happy Monday...  However, I will push through...
My best friends & I had decided on a craft night for Saturday night.  We planned on making candles, but the materials were more expensive than we had anticipated... I guess we'll plan ahead for that and order supplies online.  We had passed by a display of round paper machet boxes, which made me think of those primitive painted stacking boxes that are around now.  I like them, but they were another thing that I thought would be easy to do yourself.  So that's what we did.
All you need are 3 different sized boxes (I got mine at Michael's), acrylic paint, and brushes.  A lot cheaper than all the candle making supplies.  I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.  My painting skills still leave a little something to be desired (especially the tree... trees have always presented a challenge to me), but I'm noticing that I'm getting better the more I paint.  Practice makes perfect, right?

Approximate cost for supplies:         $7.00
Approximate cost to buy pre-made: $15.00
Savings:                                            $8.00




 

No comments:

Post a Comment